Yerba Mate is an evergreen tree, belonging to the Aquifoliaceae family. Native to Brazil and Paraguay, it is also widespread in other regions of South America. Its properties have always been known to indigenous peoples, and today its use is also applied in the cosmetic field. Also called green tea from Brazil, it contains 18-20% polyphenols and 9% caffeine.
The epidermis is the first barrier of the skin and constitutes a protection against sun exposure and the consequent oxidative damage induced by UV rays; however, it is necessary to reinforce the natural antioxidants present in our skin with specific functional principles present in natural cosmetic products. Matè is an extraordinary, multifunctional antioxidant, which offers protection from oxidation comparable to that of vitamin C and vitamin E.
Properties and Benefits
The Matè extract is ideal for all skin types:
- for mature skin, thanks to its antioxidant action , it fights skin aging
- for oily skin it represents a valid purifying and astringent
- excellent for sensitive skin as it soothes itching, burns and irritations, it is also decongestant for the eye contour
- helps to delay the signs of aging, such as sagging skin, sun damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles
- has an energizing action on the skin.